I’m super excited to be sharing the latest news from Maya Kaimal, the creative force behind this incredible, plant-based line of Indian foods, as well as an award-winning cookbook author. Maya Kaimal Everyday Chana is now available on Amazon!
I have tried all four flavors of Maya Kaimal Everyday Chana, and am in love with all of them, really. Check out the lineup!
- Chickpeas, Tomato, Onion: This homestyle dish is a spin on the North Indian Punjabi favorite called Chana Masala (one of my all-time favorite recipes!). Its full flavor is built on onion, garlic and ginger, with bright tomato notes and bursts of warm cumin seed. It’s fabulous scooped up with flatbread.
- Black Chickpeas, Coconut, Green Chili: The inspiration for this dish is Kadala, a Kerala specialty made with black chickpeas cooked in a coconut sauce infused with black pepper and green chili. Known as kala chana, or black chickpeas, this variety has a rich, deep flavor.
- Chickpeas, Coconut, Kale: This is Maya’s idea of a satisfying curry because it checks so many boxes. It features hearty chickpeas, creamy coconut, bright beautiful turmeric, plus kale and carrots for an extra boost of minerals. There’s just so much to love!
- Black Chickpeas, Tamarind, Sweet Potato: Get to know black chickpeas, known as kala chana, in this dish. Their flavor is richer and earthier than the tan variety. I love how the flavors of sweet potato and tangy tamarind enrich this flavor profile.
You will always find pouches of Maya Kaimal Everyday Chana in my pantry, because of a few key reasons:
- They are shelf-stable and so easy to use—just rip open the bag and pop it in the microwave for 90 seconds for a delicious convenient meal on your busy nights.
- The products are based on clean, plant-based ingredients—the recipes are vegan and organic!
- The pouches are based on traditional, globally-inspired cuisines that lift up plant-based food patterns. I love the commitment to traditional ingredients, such as black chickpeas and tamarind!
- These are easy meals I can feel really good about fixing for my whole family! They are so good served with cooked rice and flatbread.
Check out my video on how I like to use Maya Kaimal Everyday Chana in my own kitchen. Really, my favorite way to use these easy versatile pouches of chana is to heat them in the microwave for about 90 seconds, let them rest, and then pour them over a bowl of cooked whole grains, such as brown rice, sorghum, farro, buckwheat, or wild rice. Then I garnish it with some chopped cilantro and parsley, and some coarsely chopped nuts, such as peanuts or cashews, and that’s it! Dinner is served in my house!
Learn more about where you can get these great pouches at MayaKaimal.com.
Written by Sharon Palmer, MSFS, RDN
Images by Sharon Palmer, MSFS, RDN
This blog post has been sponsored by Maya Kaimal.